Wednesday 15 June 2011

Things you see in the Red Sea


Hurricane – 29th May 2011

Trip highlights



Chrisoula K: This was another fantastic wreck at Abu Nuhas, very beautiful and huge!  The size of the wreck is stunning, especially as you can see the whole ship. Inside blocks of tiles, some broken and some still in stacks. Lots of swim through and outside met by a huge Puffer fish. Too many beautiful fish to log but among some spotted were Angel, chocolate dips, Parrot fish, banner fish.

The Barge: My first ever night dive and what a dive!! I dived this earlier in the day so I was confident, lots of light as many divers were on wreck but still a new exciting experience. Exciting to see so much life buzzing around after dark. I saw my first Crocodile fish which was bigger than I expected he didn't move a muscle. We saw two Octopus maybe mating or just being friendly??  Quite a sight with all those arms! 100's of fish all shimmering and changing directions together as I shone my torch on them. We saw a massive tuna which swam right in front of us. Lots of Lion fish and cornet fish and of course not forgetting Mr George!

Kingston: A very calm and pleasant dive, we swam around the open wreck which was abundant with beautiful coral and fish, I saw my first Nudibranchs which I think was African Chromodorid so perfect, colourful and tiny. After the wreck we continued with a drift dive, the gently sloping coral garden was very pretty, the fan corals are huge, again too many fish to mention, we are really spoilt here!! Some from our group saw a shark but unfortunately we missed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment